Writing For Rollin News

FOLLOW: Editorial

Rollin News was launched in 2011 with the aim of helping the roller derby community stay up to speed with what was happening and where. We’ve been part of the European derby scene for three years and it’s been a thrill to see how the sport has expanded and transformed the lives of thousands of people across the continent.

 

2014 is the year that Rollin’ News evolves from sharing bouts and scores to telling the derby stories of people from around the world. It’s no longer just about who played and how they did, it’s about how they got there, how roller derby has changed them and what they’ve learned along the way.

 

From this point forward, Rollin News will feature articles and opinions from teams, skaters, coaches, NSOs, Referees, commentators, fans, parents, children and anyone who is connected to this amazing sport.

 

Our new payment model means that our authors will receive income for their writing, while sharing their personal stories with roller derby fans from around the world. It’s a win/win.

 

Want to know how it all works? Make yourself comfortable!

We pay our writers 40% of all gross income that Rollin News brings in from advertising each and every month. The other 60% is used for running Rollin News.

Each writer gets paid for their page views per month per gross income of 40%.Here’s an example to help this make sense.

Rollin News brings in $1000 for the month of February with a total of 1000 page views - 40% of that is $400.

In that month, four authors receive page views:

  • ·         Wheel Gone Kid receives 200 views - 20% of the total views.
  • ·         Slobberknocker receives 500 views - 50%.
  • ·         Tungsten Neil receives 280 views - 28%.
  • ·         Jamanda receives 20 views - 2%.

The $400 gets split by those percentages:

  • ·         Wheel Gone Kid receives 20% = $80.
  • ·         Slobberknocker receives 50% = $200.
  • ·         Tungsten Neil receives 28% = $112.
  • ·         Jamanda receives 2% = $4.

Simple huh?

If a post doesn’t get any page views, it won’t earn any money, but with good quality writing and personal stories, that’s pretty unlikely.

These earnings will continue for the life of Rollin’ News. If Slobberknocker’s story is still getting page views three years later, Slobberknocker is still earning money without even trying.

The payment process is equally simple. Each month we will take 40% of the advertising revenue generated and split it using the process above. Money will be deposited into the author’s Rollin’ News account and will be shown on the author’s personal dashboard. Monthly notifications will also be sent to authors.

 

The money can be withdrawn into PayPal accounts at any point although PayPal charge $1 for each transaction, so a withdrawal of $100 will result in a payment of $99.

 

While we’re keen to get original content from teams and skaters, we’re offering the same payment terms and conditions for teams who share their existing content with us. If teams have news and broadcast it via Rollin’ News, they’ll tap into our global audience and generate revenue at the same time! What’s not to love?

 

The secret to success here is in getting people to read the articles and visit the site - the more people visit, the more people will click on the adverts and generate revenue. All authors are actively encouraged to share their posts via social media and spread the word of Rollin’ News as far as possible.

 

We’re actively recruiting people from teams around the world, and our dream is to have views and news from as many roller derby teams as possible, building a flowing stream of derbylove for everyone to enjoy. Come and help us realise that dream.


Just send us an message and we will get you started writing for Rollin' News.


Big derby love,

Mr. X

Founder - Rollin' News

About The Author

DOB: 4/29/1984
Leagues: Bio:

I have been a Referee for Roller Derby both the WFTDA and MADE rule sets with over 5 years experience.

I am now the Owner of RDNation.com.


DERBY TODAY
Comments (2)
Share what you think

Add comment

Please Login or Register To Add A Comment

Brother Bruno

What's the process for submitting an article?

Reply

Veggie Delight

Send them a message here: http://rollinnews.com/write-for-rollin-news

Reply